I want to start school soon so I can go into the health field, but feeling lost on what path to take from there?

At first I had been considering going into nursing. I get bored easily, I figured nursing is pretty broad and I would be learning a bunch of different subjects but I also don't want to get stuck in a hospital with crappy hours. I have a few people telling me that nursing isn't the right route and that I could make more money doing respiratory therapy or radiologic technology. Now I am feeling over-whelmed and lost! I just don't want to make the wrong choice and end up wasting money!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• nurses make good money plus you can get a job anywhere. jobs are so high demand. plus you could work in a hospital, doctors office, nursing home. Depends what you want. I am going to school to get my RN and I will continue to get my BSN. I want to work in Labor and Delivery.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• If I go into nursing Labor and Delivery is what I had been considering, even with the strange hours. If only all babies were born from 8 am to 5 pm....
    Anonymous

• You need to have informational interviews with people who work in the various fields; this is the best way to determine if this is the right path for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2009