Too much weight?

So I went to the Dr. yesterday for my 22 week appointment and somehow I gained 9 pounds in the past 4 weeks.. WTH???

My Dr. obviously wasn't too happy about it and told me it better not happen again.

The 3 months prior to this I've only gained 4 pounds total.. so now for 22 weeks I've gained 13 pounds..

My question is what can I do to keep this from happening again without going crazy and barely eating.. I've been eating healthy meals.. with the exception of a fast food run every now and then.. so I don't know what I'm doing wrong..

I feel like I'm failing my daughter by being a fatty.. ugggg

Can you ladies give me some advice??

raehope

Asked by raehope at 3:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor toldyou to not let it happen again? WTH? He/She should've said, try such and such exercises, or walking more. I think what he said was rude. I gained alot of weight when i got laid off and they never said that to me. And i had only gained about 5 pounds prior to being laid off and then gained like 10-15 more after being laid off before my dd was born.

I know some baby books give exercises safe for you to do. Try googling pregnany exercises.....and I'm sure some moms on here have some they could hare as well. (i never did any. shame on me)
    Anonymous

• I didn't gain hardly any weight until the 4 weeks between my 16 week appointment and my 20 week appointment. I gained I think 8 or 9 pounds during that time. That is also about when I started showing. My midwife didn't seem concerned at all. She mentioned that it was a bit of weight but that since I hadn't gained anything until that point it wasn't a big concern. She just said to be careful and watch what I eat now that the weight is starting to come on. I didn't really change anything, but since then, I've only gained about a pound a week, if that. I definitely wouldn't let it stress you out too much. You don't want to not get enough to eat. Your baby will be fine, but you don't want your health to suffer.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I gained 2 pounds in a week this last checkup. I was on the heavy side prior to pregnancy, so they've been sure to mention my weight at every single checkup telling me that I can't gain more than 10-15lbs total (which sorry to say at 22 weeks i already have). However, the 2lbs in one week really upset my doctor & now I'm being transferred to another doctor that can "better monitor me". However, I checked my own weight again later...the 2lbs must have been water retention because I hadn't gained any in that weeks. Go figure. Anyways, all doctors are different (some are downright rude). You're at a good weight gain by this week in total, try to maintain that. Whatever you do, don't try to LOSE weight (that's bad). Swimming & walking are two great & easy exercises...plus its summer, perfect time for both! Good luck!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it! Your doc sounds like a jerk! I was lucky if I only gained 9lbs in a month. I just had my baby on June 11th and I ate healthy most of the time, but ended up gaining 75lbs. Your body does what it wants to, as long as you eat well and exercise, you're doing GREAT. I'm not saying it's good to gain 75lbs by any means, but it's only been 3 weeks and I have already lost 30 lbs. So keep doing a good job! The goal here is a heatlhy baby and it sounds like you're doing just fine with weight gain :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• thanks ladies!!!
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 4:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2009