Sippy suggestions!! Please!!

My son is 15 months old. He's figured out how to open his bottles and cups. We had the nuby sippy cups be he figured out he could push the top down into the cup. The other ones we have he's figure out how to twist the lid off no matter how tight i get them (this kid is super strong). So I need suggestions!! Is there a brand or type of cup that will make it harder for him to get the top off or the valve out? He's really rough on things too so I need something that will hold up.

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 3:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Playtex Insulated!!! They CLICK into place! My dd did the same thing with her nuby and we switched to these. They are GREAT and are cute too :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Hey Malinda I'm not going to be much help here and I know that but I'm going to type it anyway! LOL Have you considered getting rid of the sippies all together and going with regular cups? Once I got to my third child (Lydia) I was tired of messing with the sippy cups and taught her how to drink out of a regular cup. She had to drink in the kitchen on the hard floor so there were no carpet spills. But its so nice to be sippy free. Its just a thought. Otherwise, I don't have a suggestion for a good strong sippy. Mine never figured out how to open theirs.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i had thought about that, Kelly, but I'm not sure he's ready for that yet. He likes to bang stuff and stick his hands in 'regular" cups. We have been trying at meal times but during the day, I think it may be too risky..lol. But thats for the suggestion.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The playtex ones that have the twist to lock part....it is so good, you may have to have your hubby open them! You can find them at Shopko, and maybe Walmart too.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree the Playtex ones are the best. They sell them everywhere! CVS, babies r us, target, Wal-Mart...

bbstra

Answer by bbstra at 4:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We recently bought the lock ones everyone is talking about. We use them for bedtime and travel since they don't leak. Otherwise we use the disposable cups with straws and take it away when they start playing with it. My daniel sounds like your son! He not only took lids off and banged them but chewed up the sippy part! I got so sick of replacing sippy cups. Now I use regular straws in the cups!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Playtex makes "The Insulator cups". I love these cups!! They click lock, keep your drinks cool and are so cute! Perfect for smart toddlers. I wish I would have gotten them sooner!
    Ethansmom10

Answer by Ethansmom10 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I guess I'm just repeating the crowd, but I thought I was doomed before I found the playtex insulated. they are awesome :-)
    Chellore

Answer by Chellore at 7:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2009