What do I do about morning sickness?

Has anyone been so sick that they can hardly function and have absolutley no entergy? What did you do?

abbibaileylily

Asked by abbibaileylily at 3:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try eating saltine crackers. they help settle your stomach. But if its too bad, i know they have a medicine they can give you for it,. Ask your doctor.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Im going thru it right now myself and its horrble :( And I have to work 8-5 M-F so I feel like crap ALL day..Ive been drinking Ginger Ale and it seems to help and also eating small amounts here and there. I dont actually feel like eating an actual meal so I snack bc I feel even sicker if I dont. A woman I work with just had a baby and she said her doctor gave her some pills that helped her and I took one and it helped me big time so Im going to ask my doctor for a prescription.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• try to stay hydrated i think that has some to do with it also my doc told me about B-natal which is over the counter and absolutely awesome! Ask the pharmacists for it or to order it for u bc it helps me out tremendously. good luck! btw all it is is either suckers or lozenges that taste like candy and contain vitamin b. its safe.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• try saltines by your bed i suggest you eat one or two before you even try to get up my doctor told me to try quiz eaze sorry on the spelling, it helps the the nausea
    seansgurl

Answer by seansgurl at 3:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yeah, ginger ale also helped me. And the snacking through out the day instead of just main meals. I guess its something about your stomach always having something in it. I worked 7-430 while i was working and i luckily worked at a desk so the snacking wasnt a problem.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• LEMONS! I had horrible morning sickness despite not letting myself get too hungry and keeping hydrated. I wore SeaBands for the enitre first trimester and they helped take the edge off and when it got really bad I'd nibble on a lemon. I kept slices in my purse (they do fine at room temp but prepare new slices everyday).
    qwertykat

Answer by qwertykat at 4:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The meds they can give you is called Zofran... that stuff is amazing! I had to take that all through out 2 of my pregnancies and it worked wonders...They gave me the one that dissolves underneath your tounge
    Anonymous

• What i did for my morning sickness was keep a coke by the bed and drink it slow.. i couldn't seem to drink anything other than just coke a cola.. And keep sweet candy to suck on it helps nausea.
    eDriven

Answer by eDriven at 5:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• During my first two pregnancies i was on two different meds (phenergan and zofran) and weekly IV fluids. This pregnancy I have been on both those meds plus anzement and have had to have fluids three times. Nothing works for me but good luck with yours
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You poor thing! I know exactly how you feel, eat saltine crackers. Drink 7 up when you feel naucios and drink alot of water. When you eat try to avoid heavy sauces, and anything too spicy.
    tonya212288

Answer by tonya212288 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009