Sitting up from a laying down position?

My six month old daughter just started sitting up unassisted (yay!). Is there an average age for when they can bring themselves to a sitting position from a laying down position?

Just wondering =]

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sure. But my dd has started crawling and is trying to figure out of to go from crawling to sitting. Haven't gotten to the laying to sitting yet though.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yep :) yay for Josselyn
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My dd is 8 months, if that means anything.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My 6 months old, starts sitting up at 5 months old. Now he's been crawling around for 2 weeks and starts sitting up from crawling position three days ago. For him was like 2 weeks between sitting, crawling and sitting from laying dawn...but every kid is different.
    Sofab

Answer by Sofab at 4:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Every baby is different. :) Kinley was sitting up for short periods at about 4.5 months, sitting up all the time at 5 months, crawling at 6, going from sitting to crawling and crawling/laying to sitting about a week after 6 months started pulling up at 6.5 months and is now pulling up and walking along furniture at 7 months. :) Everything pretty much happened for us all at the same time. :) They get SO big so fast!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 4:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My DD is 4 mos. and is desperately trying to sit up on her own. She crunches her abs like she's doing pilates! haha. I think she's going to make it soon, she's very strong and lean.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009