what is this

okay so im 38 weeks and 4 days i am having a scheduled c section tomorrow, i noticed today that the area around my belly button is sunken in is that normal? also i am afraid to get the spinal what can i do to reassure myself that everything is going to be okay
oh and yes the baby is moving

seansgurl

Asked by seansgurl at 3:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby probably dropped and thats why its sunken around your belly button. the spinal isnt bad. i had an epidural and im terrified of needles. it didnt hurt. CONGRATS ON THE BABY! :) post pics as soon as you are able.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I'm terrified of needles as well. I had a c-section too, and the spinal didnt hurt at all. I felt more of a pinch. It did help that i had a nurse talking to me and her, the doctor, and the anosticiologist(sp! i know its wrong) or whoever does the spinal were all joking with me so i was distracted.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I had to c-sections and 2 epidurals...My dr was awesome...we talked about everything except the needle and where it was going.There was burning (they inject a loca first before the epidural needle) and a little pinch but not painful.
    It turned out great and I got worked up for nothing...Oh and why the scheduled c-section? The belly button change could be the baby dropping and getting ready on his/her own.

Not trying to be nosey...I just am :D
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• oops....TWO c-sections.....and LOCAL not LOCA....sorry long day
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• don't worry, a spinal isn't as bad as an epidural. It is just a simple shot. Besides, you will be so cold from 1) the freezing OR, and 2) the ice cold betadine solution you'll be wiped down with first that you won't even notice the shot.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 4:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009