Baby's Sex from the Wedding Ring Test?

Has anybody done the trick where you tie a gold band to thread and it'll tell you how many kids you've had and the sexes and also the sex of the one your carrying? You can also do it with a needle, thread, and a pencil. My MIL did it to me last night and it showed my daughter first and then it showed a boy (which where hopng this one will be a boy). I thought it was neat but I know it's just for fun. Ive just heard a lot of ppl say that it was 100% right with them so I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I haven't tried those, but when I was pregnant with my son I seemed to eat more than I did with my girls. Someone told me boys have a bigger appetite even before they are born. In my exp. they were right. I even got bigger in the belly with my son. With my girls the weight spread everywhere.
    alr626

Answer by alr626 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Let me tell you about this trick...
    It's something I usually do with a necklace with a small charm, you can do it with almost anything.
    It's ALL IN YOUR HEAD! So some people say if it swings in a circle it's a girl, and if it swings in a line it's a boy or vice versa, right? Whoever is holding on to the thread, chain, whatever, whatever, is actually subconsciously sending electric impulses from the brain through the hand, and through the chain. So if you're thinking in your head "boy" and you expect a line, it will swing in a line. And if you're thinking girl, and you expect a circle, it will swing in a circle. You can try to fake yourself out, but it doesn't work lol. Try it. Think about a line or a circle in your head while holding onto the chain and watch it swing! You dont' have to move your hand at all. I once tried for a figure 8 lol, but that one's a toughie
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I didnt try to find out how many kids but I did it to determine gender. It was right like 2 of the 3 times.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• a friend did it to me and it said boy, but I have a feeling it's a girl...few more weeks and we will see on the 20 week u/s!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i did the string and ring over the belly and palm to see what the sex was...and it was correct
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2009