what age

is best to take a baby to the pool?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• anytime after 6 months they can be in a pool. if they are younger they can still sit in a baby pool though, just without the chlorine, maybe a blow up one at your house.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 4:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I had my son at the pool six weeks after birth. We had baby swimming lessons with ohbaby fitness. It was the greatest mommy and me class ever.
    TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 4:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My dd is 8 months and has a baby tube....she loves it! Idont know i there is any specific age, but just make sure they can be covered, by a hat or a awning over the tube. and plenty of sunblock!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We took our son when he was 2 months old. He didn't really like it, but we tried :) He's now 13 months and likes to sit in his blue plastic pool in the backyard and play with his toys.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• sons doc said at 2 months but no sunblock and keep face out of the water
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2009