How could I be pregnant?

My period came on the 4th of June then it went off on the 9th then I had sex that same week without protection and so I thought I was pregnant until my period came on the 30th of June then the cramps was very painful but there was no heavy bleeding. An I am 17, I know thats young but I need advice. It got me and my boyfriend scaried because we don't know what happen.

Youngmother117

Asked by Youngmother117 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I know it can be scarey, get on some form of birth control and still use condoms, birth control is not 100 %, condoms alone are not 100%, I got pregnant with my first at 15 on condoms many many years ago, she is almost 17 now. I would use both, to prevent pregnancy and STDs. No matter how well you know someone, things still happen, so it is best to be safe. If you think you might still be pregnant wait a about a week and test. I know with the fear of it every little thing is a big deal.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• as long as you're not using any form of bc, you're going to get pg. i agree w/ pp, i would get on the pill and use a condom. but, you're never too young to learn about charting. that way, you know what days you are more likely to be fertile and not to have sex on those days. but you still need to use some type of bc.
    Anonymous

• Well i agree with the above unless you are ready to have a child you and your boyfriend should not be having unprotected sex...and now my question to you is are your periods normally light and have you taken a pregnancy test...my husband and I are trying to conceive and my doctor told me that its possible to have some light bleed at the time you are suppose to get your period even though you are pregnant it just means you have reached implantation...so you should probably take a test just in case if you have any further questions you can email me at chelsealazo09@aol.com i would be glad to help
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Are you asking, were you pregnant and miscarried? I got that impression because of your mention of very painful but no heavy bleeding. Well, it's possible. But if you had a miscarriage that early, you probably just passed a fertilized egg/blastocyst. I agree with previous posters, if you don't want to get pregnant, seek out a couple of forms of birth control. Google birth control. There are a ton of options. If you don't have the regularity to take the pill, you can get the shot. If you don't like hormones, you can use a cervical cap or diaphragm and spermicide. It's best to combine two methods to be sure. If you want to look into charting your cycle, google "fertility awareness method." Definitely don't mistake it for the rhythm method- that's inaccurate, you have to do more than just count days. And, you shouldn't use fertility awareness by itself unless you want to risk pregnancy, use it as a tool with other birth control.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Good luck!
    Bellarose0212

• Oh, and, you don't have to tell your parents in order to get good birth control. Go to your local health department, planned parenthood, or women's center and they should be able to help find a good option for you!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010