Am I being selfish for feeling like this?

My boyfriend and I have both been working hard to save up our money for our son who is due in October. We both work full time jobs but the difference is that mine is Mon-Fri and he has a mixed schedule. We see each other for a few hours during the weekend and that includes sleeping.
I'm so proud of him and thankful we both have jobs but at the same time I miss the days that he didn't work. I wake up every day wanting to cry because we don't get a lot of time together. Does this make me a selfish person?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• no just think when the baby comes your going to see him because you going to be home
    Anonymous

• No, it makes you human and you miss your boyfriend. Things will not always be this way, hopefully you two can get on the same work schedule in the future, just try to enjoy the time you do have together.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• why would this make you selfish??
    absolutly not!! you wanna spend time with your hubby =)
    i feel the same way, me and my bf are in seprate states and see eachother every other weekend sometimes.. and hes the only one who is working and i beg him to come see me when he gets the chance!! l0l so no, your not bein selfish..
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 4:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No, you aren't being selfish to miss him and enjoy being around him.

Answer by Bmat at 4:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No, it makes you HUMAN.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Not selfish at all! Just missing the time being with him.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I actually feel the same! I work 8 hours a day, then my SO leaves when I get home. Sometimes i'll tell him to call in! Or I have weekends off but he usually works weekends and sometimes I say "just tell them you can't come in!" Of course he never listens to me and when the paycheck comes in, I'm glad he doesn't listen to me! I just wish we could both work during the day so we could have more time together as a family but I know I should be grateful we're both working.
    Anonymous

• no but remember when the baby comes you'll see each other a lot more unless your going back to work right away and boy that would suck.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No you are awesome and doing what it takes to make the best life for your child. Maternity leave will be good though, you will see eachother more.
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Thanks, that makes me feel better :)
    We both feel the same way but I've just never really said it to him because I didn't know how it would make me sound. As long as everything is alright I'll be on leave for about 6 to 8 weeks so at least we'll have that together.
    msnicole88

Answer by msnicole88 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2009