Why does god create people who he knows will go to hell?

If you believe that god is all-knowing, why would he create people who he knows will go to hell? You can say people have free choice, but doesn't god know ahead of time what choices people will make? If so, why make them in the first place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you read my mind, I either answered a question with almost the same words or asked a similiar question LOL, lets see what kind of answers you get.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• gods make believe, like the tooth fairy and santa. Do you really think a god would create sex offenders, murderers, terrorists. If so, I 'd think i'd find a different "god" to believe in.
    Anonymous

• God is all knowing, and we do have free choice. Those who go to hell CHOOSE to go that way. They choose to not believe in God. They CHOOSE to live their lives their sinful way. No one is born thatis destined for hell. Even Judas the Traitor and Pontius Pilot had a choice. Lucifer had a choice and they made them. Whenever we are tempted in life God always gives us a way out. By not doing that sin we know is a sin we are taking God's way. Study God's word and pray for guidance, ask and you shall recieve. It's not a tap dance show on a stage but listen for that still small voice. Listen for him and he'll tell you :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You're avoiding the question, Rhanford.
    She asked if God is all knowing why does he make people that would be sent to Hell. If he was all knowing he would know even before he made them whether or not they would CHOOSE to go to Hell.

So, either God creates people destined for Hell or he's not all knowing.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 4:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Well what about the ones he DID create that would have chosen him and a human being aborted them? We have free will and though he might KNOW what we would choose, he doesnt choose it for us? Besides the way it is now is not the way he intended it to be. It wasnt ever supposed to be this way. He gave Adam and Eve free will too and this is what we ended up with. It all comes full circle though. It might not be the answer you were looking for, but its all I got today. Its not like it can really be explained to someone who doesnt believe anyway.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• ** theres not supposed to be a question mark after "us"** Sorry.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Because some of their children will not go to hell. And spending eternity with them is worth it.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Nzumbe-
    No one born is destined for hell. He knows they will be more inclined to choose that sinful way, but he does offer us all a better path. A way to him. I am not avoidig the question. God is all knowing. Ok I can explain it like this. You just baked cookies, your kids are doing their homework but you need to leave the room for whatever right? In the back of your mind you know those kids are gonna go for those cookies. So you give them the choice, don't touch the cookies and you can have some later. Well one kid decides to grab one. That kid got a cookie but now is in trouble. The other kid gets a cookie without getting into trouble. God tells us hey don't do that it's not a good idea, but what do we do? We do it. But gave us the hcoice, don't do it. Here's the reward if you don't If I am still avoiding the question please let me know maybe I can explain it alittle bit better.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't think you really understand what OP is trying to say...
    If he is all knowing he can see the future, right?

If he can see the future than he would already know, before that human was made, what their choices in life would be.

Wouldn't it just be better not to make the person at all than let them burn in hell for eternity? God doesn't want us to go to hell, does he?
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 4:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Here maybe this clears it up alittle, goes along the lines of the question.
    http://www.amazingfacts.org/Radio/BibleAnswersLiveQuestionArchive/tabid/212/ctl/PlayMedia/mid/731/MDID/2402/Default.aspx
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009