Did your child enjoy preschool right away, or did it take a while?

KinderCare

Asked by KinderCare at 4:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It took a few weeks. The first couple of days he was all gung-ho about it but then I think he realized that I wasn't there or something and started getting clingier. After about a month (going 2 days a week) he was totally fine with it. By the end of the year he was telling me I didn't even need to come in the building with him!
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• in the mornings she didn't like me leaving her there. But later the teacher told me that an hour later after I left she was fine.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• She loved it from the start! Always wanted me to leave right away, and picking her up was always an ordeal!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• With my 2 that went to preschool it was a piece of cake. My oldest was 4 when she started and walked into the building the first day. I called in to her that I was leaving and she gave me a wave without even looking up and that was it.
    My other daughter started in the middle of the school year and was already 5. She cried the whole first day because she had never been away from me without 1 of her siblings there. But by the end of the day (1 1/2 hours) she was all smiles and told me it wasn't that bad and when could she go back. Every day after that she was excited to go.
    My youngest dd will start preschool in the fall at 3yo but took a class this spring (an hour twice a week). The first day she looked scared but never cried and couldn't wait to go back for her next class. She can't wait to start school in the fall.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2009