pre delivery, what did you do?

I saw on my birth plan worksheet in the book my doc gave me that there is an option to have the hospital shave my pubic area?!? I mean, I normally shave it all off anyway, but I am doubting my ability to do that in that last few weeks. What did you do...shave, get a wax, or go au naturel? would you let them do it at the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh wow! I didn't know they could do that. Well, I tried to keep mine shaved throughout my pregnancy, but it was hard since I couldn't really see it. So, I know it probably looked bad. I didn't feel bad though for not having a good shave 'cause think about it, they are looking at a lot more nastier things down there than if you shaved or not. I wouldn't let anyone else shave me.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• They only shave you if you need an episotomy, I only had one with my first. They didnt do anything for my second or third. In my area they no longer do it as normal practice or a enema. I was happy about that part LOL
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• with my first i didn't know anything and i was so big that i had become au naturel. They had to shave me and even though i was in labor and was in a great deal of pain it was still very embarrassing. so when i became pregnant with my second baby i had my DH to assist and i keep things under control down there!

deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 5:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I went normal. I don't think shaving down there is healthy for the skin in that area, and I had no pain tolerance to get it waxed when I was pregnant. There were no problems, but I didn't need an episiotomy.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• they only shave if you need a c/s. and they only shave what they need to. i got an episiotomy and didn't get shaved. i mean i wasn't like a bush, but i wasn't clean cut either.
    it's up to you if you want to be shaved or not. it doesn't matter either way.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 5:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• All I know is they are supposed to shave with a c-section.. they didn't with mine so the bandage that goes over the incision at first stuck to hair.. and hurt like a SOB when I had to pull it off
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I shaved myself during both my pregnancies because my belly wasnt that big at all. But even if I couldnt reach it, my hubby was totally willing and prepared to shave it for me
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I shaved. I elbowed my way around my belly and got it all. Good thing too bc all my nurses looked like playboy bunnies and I was froggy leged on a table with nothing on and all their heads between my legs talking about if I needed a cathiter (however it is spelled). Fun times.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 7:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009