question for my fellow grammar and usage soldiers

can you tell instantly when looking at something you've typed whether or not you've accidentally inserted an extra space between words? do you go back to correct it, or do you leave it and assume no one else will notice?

personally, i have to correct it. it's like visual nails down a chalkboard for me. i'm just curious about others who are very particular about these types of things.

please forgive my lack of capitalization. it is my only weakness.

mellypoo

Asked by mellypoo at 4:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• :D

I make the mistake of inserting an extra space between words sometimes. Usually when I have gone back to correct something in the sentence, though.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I notice an extra space in my own typing, but generally don't in others writing. I usually go back and correct it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I'm the same way. Also, if i type something and and then realize I typed it all in caps, I'll just say screw it. I'm not typing it all over again. ;)
    casd

Answer by casd at 5:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Calling the kettle black.      I see.

Anonymous

• It depends on how fast I am typing and how quickly I press send, but usually I do notice. Most of the time I correct it. Sometimes I am just lazy, though! lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I correct it if I see it, but I don't always see it until it is already posted. Then I usually will go back and fix it.

Answer by Bmat at 5:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I am a terrible offender with typos. And I don't usually correct them before sending.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I make a living with grammar. I would go back and correct it. I generally keep my mouth shut about the inappropriate grammar and such of others though.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I can tell and other times I delete and do again just to make sure. The no capital thing, the using "IM" spellings, and the misuse of their, there, they're, to, and too gets me. This may be a forum setting, but it is a great place to show that you actually paid attention in school(even if you didn't!). I always use the "full text editor and the chedk spelling button. I owe that to the people reading my post. I don't always catch everything, but I try.

teacher

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I missed that one! I use the check spelling button!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009