Sources to look for biological parents

A really good friend of mine was adopted at birth 36 years ago and she wants to find her biological parents to find out medical backgroud and about her family. She is feeling like something is missing. She does understand that the bio parents may not want to meet her but she still wants the chance to do so. She knows where she was born, parents names and that she has bio siblings. She just doesn't know how to go about looking for them. Does anyone have any idea what she can do or where to look online?

Asked by tyfry7496 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Adoption

• If she has names she's ahead of the game and shouldn't have much problem. There are people who volunteer to search for relatives separated by adoption, they're called "search angels". They have experience and connections for searching. Tell her to google for search angels in the state were the adoption was done. She should also register at Soundex IRSS and at Adoption.com. There is a group here on CM called Adoption Search Resources that has plenty of ideas.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• she has more than i do... i don't know anything except where i was born... i wish i had names. i want to find my birth parents to see if i have any brothers and sisters! not to meet my parents... let me know if you find out anything please! :D
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 5:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• madrigalreject - don't give up. have you got your non-ID from your agency? have you asked all your family for every spec of info they know? Man I wish I could join all adoptees with their birh parents.
    OMG! How can people sit there on the other end of the phone with an adoptee, with the name of their birth parent on the desk in front of them and not tell them?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Check out my blog:
    http://mayfourth1985.blogspot.com There are loads of resources on the left-hand-side menu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• tyfry, what is her birth/adoption state?

madrigalreject, what is your birth/adoption state?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2009