Need to read it's urgent.

I Have a friend that lives with her boyfriend and she has problems with him. She has left his home and is staying at my place. She 's undecided wether to go back to him or not. She doesn't love him, but wants to go back until she gets a place of her own, she also has been looking for rooms to rent and apartments. I told her I can rent her a room until she gets a place. I don't want her going back and giving this man hopes if there isn't any. Right now I am not working and it will be a great help if she stayed. I need her to help if she is going to stay. She can't live in my home for free because she is consuming what i need to pay such as my kids room and light and food. I need your opinion from a out side point of few.

goodmama

Asked by goodmama at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• thats nice you dont want her to hurt the guy but honestly, thats not the issue for you so try to stay out of tht. If she wants to go back, shes a grown up, let her do it. But if she is going to stay woith you, get a written WRITTEN lol not "oh I trust my friend" verbal agreement that states what she is expected to pay. The first time she doesnt come thru, gently(or not so gently) ask her to leave. Your needs and the needs of your kids come first. good luck .
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Give her a timeline, like the beginning of the month, to make a decision. If she is there for the month she owes you a months room and board.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You need to tell her that if she's going to stay, she needs to pay...and then you can be a reference for her when she applies to a new place.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think it's great you are helping out a friend, but she definitely needs to help you out. If I were staying with a friend for more than a few days, i'd offer to at least help around the house with cleaning or buying groceries.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i would say as long as your here i would need some help in having provideded you shelter and what not. i guess at first i would say i would like to help you finally get away from a man you do not love and need. we could help each other out cause i could sure use some financial help with your renting a room from me and you can take your time looking and deciding but state why would you go back when you'll just get trapped again. then tell her the first line. good luck
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Give her a proposal of how much the room would be for her to stay. Show her how by saving money by staying with you for a while would allow her time to save up and get her own apt in the future. There would be no need to move back in with him to do the same thing she can do there with you and help you both out. .

Answer by admckenzie at 5:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009