is anyone a nurse for special needs children?

I really want to work in a hospital working with special needs children and I was wondering if you can give me information about the career or the pros and cons. Thank you :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• You and I are alot alike, it sounds like. My son was born 16 weeks prematurely (1 lb. 6 oz.) and seeing all of those teeny tiny bodies fighting for their lives inspired me!! I wanted to do the same but I dont think I could because l would get attached but my advice is to get into nursing. (I would pass the exams with flying colors after being up there in the hospital for 4 months, l know the reins) You can go for a neonatal nurse who deals with premature babies which, in my findings, they have a lot of special needs. Or you may could go for a speech therapist or speech pathologist. I love my sons speech pathologist and she loves what she does. Hope this helps!! Good luck hun!!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2009