whats with the no black at weddings???

my brother is getting married in 2 weeks and he told me i cant wear black when he knows i love it. plus i just had a kid im 170lbs i look good in black and skinnier. I just wanted to know y cant u wear black at a wedding?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 5:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If you had just posted the question without the explanation, then I would have said that not wearing black to weddings is old fashion and it is not a big deal anymore.

But the fact that your BROTHER ASKED YOU not to wear black is different. I think that you need to tell him, "I feel more comfortable in black bc I am self-conscious about my weight." Then see what he says. Probably he is thinking of it from his side and not yours... he might be thinking that wearing black means you aren't happy for him or maybe something really innocent like that you always wear black and he would like to see you in another color. Chances are that you won't hurt his feelings if you talk about it in advance, but you are gauranteed to hurt him if you intentionally wear what he has asked you not to. Communication is key. And if after your chat he still says no black...look for a flattering dress in another dark color (brown, blue)
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Well, I think its b/c its thought of as a mourning color, when someone dies. But I dont think most people care that much anymore.....if your brother told you not too, then I would try to respect his wishes, I guess he just wants everyone to look summery and happy colors...not sure.

lol, 170 is NOT big...just find a dress that suits your figure....thats all!!! Good luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Black is for funerals.

Answer by louise2 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i think im big i use to be 123lbs and i found a blue one i like and it makes me look ok:)
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 5:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• its for funerals. veryone is doing black weddings now! my sisters wedding is going to be black and silver. us brides maids are wearing black dresses.
    Anonymous

• How tall are you? Just for my nosey side....lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• lol my MIL wore black to my hubby and I's wedding. yeah, I wasn't happy when I found out thats what she picked out.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• 5'8"
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 6:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Wear a black skirt accented with a bright colored top. Then you aren't wearing all black.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• my mil wore white i wanted to kill her i wanted me and my husband to be the only ones in white
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 6:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009