HELP! I'm getting more and more angry about this!

Ok, so we live in Kansas. There is a dude ranch in Republic, WA, that DH is wanting to move to. We would both have jobs, no expenses (food, housing, and salary paid) and would pocket $600 a month starting off. The only thing we'd have to pay are the cell phone bill and any other back bills we owe, like our medical, etc. However, there is no medical ins or pension, or etc.

DH heard back from the owner today, and she would really like us to come up to meet her. Because of DH's free-spending (went from 82k salary to 36k salary and still spends in the 82k bracket...) we are now in the red. We have $700 to go on for the next week. Plus a 3 MO DS.

DH just called and said, "Oh, well, pack up, cause I need you to meet me in Manhattan because we're going to WA this weekend. I talked to Kathy and told her we would come up tomorrow."

Gee! Thanks for consulting me! (continuing in message below)

matobe

Asked by matobe at 5:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Call the woman and talk to her. See if you can buy a cheap horse trailer or if some horse transport company needs a trailer taken back to that area. Sometimes that happens and it's free transportation for your horses. I say go for it. Then again I love adventures and to see what life has to offer and the experiences that come from things like that. I'm excited for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Not only did he not even ask me if I wanted to go, (regardless the fact that we have had plans for 2 weeks to spend this weekend with my biological father and his family for the holiday) he made new plans and broke our others.

I asked if this lady was going to accomodate for my two horses. He said he didn't ask because there were 100's up there at her place. I reminded him there were only 13, that they were trail horses and she didn't want them to learn anything else, and again, that I have worked hard on the mare I have to get her where she is, and I just bought a good riding gelding because I sold mine last year to pay off his debts before we got married!

I'm at a wits end! I want to go, we don't have the money, but I don't want to go if it means I have to sell out. My horses are my only escape, and I don't have another hobby!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• He then told me, "I'm not hauling $500 worth of horses across the US just to turn around and bring whoever's trailer we borrow back."

What can I do? I need some advice here! I don't even know what to think... leaving my horses is like leaving my son. I just won't do it!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The problem is, we don't have the money to travel there, let alone buy the trailer. if we had the money for one, we'd already have one, believe me. I don't mind moving up there, and we've discussed it, but the fact that he isn't even considering taking my horses aggrivates me beyond measure!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• not only that, it's a 26 hr drive, and if he doesn't come in to work here monday, he won't have a job if this doesn't work out, nor will we have his check to go on... taking a 3mo old baby 26 hrs in a car is madness! we rodeo, and 12 hrs is the farthest we go!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009