How can I stop bedwetting in my 7 year old son?

We reduce liquids around 6:00 pm and he is usually asleep by 8ish. We wake him up around 10pm and take him to the toilet and he sleeps so soundly he doesn't even know. He usually wets the bed by 11 pm if we don't take him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think you should take him to his doctor and ask about it. I recently read a study that said most bed wetters have sleep problems. My husband was a bed wetter until he was 9-10, and 2 years ago we found out that he has severe sleep apnea.
    Anonymous

• Sensational beginnings has underwear that alerts them at the first sign of moisture that wakes them and alerts them to use the bathroom. Sensationalbeginnings.com  you can try this.  I really dont know how well it works, but it might be worth a try.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• First make sure he has no medical reasons for bedwetting.
    If not, look into a bedwetting alarm. There are several types - some go in the underwear, some go under the sheet - but all of them have a high sucess rate. It may take several months or it might take one night. But it's worth it - I've been there! You can get them at medical supply stores or online. Just do a search for "bedwetting alarm".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• ok the kid may have small blader. when he goes to pee have him pee a litttle then hold it then pee a little and hold it do this awhile it will help the blader to grow. But for most kids the dr. says it is normal for them to do this till around age 10 at times. One thing that we did and belive it or not it has helped and she no longer does it at all now. But we would make her change her bedding and place the wet sheets and blanket in the washer and she would have to help place the clean sheet on her bed. She did not like this at all but she has not peed in bed for almost a year now. And she is 8 yrs. Also we would have her clean her self up. And the dr. said that was fine to do as well, so no it is not mean in any way it teaches them to clean up. But most of all doen't yell or punish the kid over it, Just remind them it is an acident and you understand that and still love them but they need to clean it up at the same time.
    betsyjmg

Answer by betsyjmg at 5:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son is 9, he still once in a while, wets the bed...He used to do it every night, i'd make him get up and clean it up (Put sheets in washer, wash himself)..We have been doing this since he was potty trained and no longer wanted pull ups at night.I think he was 3.Anyway, we just deal with it together.No punishments for that would make him think bad of himself.He wants to have spend the nights but im scared for him to go to someone's house overnight and have an accident then get picked on by his friends.I have been there myself..I wet the bed until i was 12! Almost every night! I was sooo embarassed!! But i learned by getting up and cleaning up that it was okay, i was asleep and it can be avoided by not drinking much before bed, waking during the night to potty, and other things that are harder for mom, but better for kid.Training them to wear pull ups or another "diaper like" thing seems only to hurt.They get dependant on it.
    heather312

Answer by heather312 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my bro peed the bed until he was like 10/11. he eventually out grew it.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009