What does the bible say about dinosaurs? Are they mentioned in the bible?

Are dinosaurs mentioned in the bible? If they are can you plz give scripture for it. I have a young son who is very interested in the bible but needs to see it for himself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes, it says that they are gods creatures and two of them went on Noah's Ark
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You should enjoy this. Answers in Genesis

ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Job 40:15 read until Job 41 that whole chapter too enjoy :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Great job ladies ; )

Yup, if you look at the original language the behemoth and the leviathon appear to be dinosaurs

(I just linked the verses rhanford posted above)

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• interesting. in the satanic bible leviathon is another form of satan
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• "In the Bible, in Job 40:15–24, God describes to Job (who lived after the Flood) a great beast with which Job was familiar. This great animal, called “behemoth,” is described as “the chief of the ways of God,” perhaps the biggest land animal God had created. Impressively, he moved his tail like a cedar tree! Although some Bible commentaries say this may have been an elephant or hippopotamus, the description actually fits that of a dinosaur like Brachiosaurus. Elephants and hippos certainly do not have tails like cedar trees!

Actually, very few animals are singled out in the Bible for such a detailed description. Contrary to what many may think, what we know now as dinosaurs get more mention in the Scriptures than most animals! So dinosaurs—all the different kinds—must have lived alongside of people after the Flood. "

not my words...just copied
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Moki, I think that is because the Leviathan is a seriously scary beast. Satan has a lot of names. But I do believe that there were creatures named Leviathan, and that the word was not just reserved for Satan.

I wonder if La Vey gave him that name or if it is something that he picked up from earlier writings? Hmm. I can see that being a good name for him. I think I prefer "the Lord of the Flies" myself, LOL.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• no idea. the satnic bible is very modern in a way. so who knows
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Their fossils litter the earth and a frozen, intact baby mammoth was recently discovered and examined by scientists. And I don't really care what the bible says about dinosaurs--none of it is true anyway.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Dinos are cute and cuddly :-) I believe in them! *RaWr*
    Anonymous