Is that why?

I asked this in the "what you believe about atheists" question but it's buried. Some answers say atheists have blinders on, or glasses so dark they cannot see what's in front of them, others say they are ignorant of the truth.
So, is that why Christians do not worship Ra or Odin? Because they have blinders on and dark glasses that blind them from the truth? Is it because they are just ignorant of Ra and Odin and if they were taught enough about them they would convert? Or could it possibly be because being a Christian was their conscious, thought out choice to reject what they do not believe?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ra and Odin, never did anything for me, Jesus, laid everything on the line to give me a path to Heaven! I know this b/c I had a TRUE life changing experience, not just a prayer and a small hope, I am a different person b/c of my love and hope in him!

Let me ask right off the bat..... Have you worshipped Ra and Odin in the same ways you worship Jesus?? Have you given them a chance to prove themselves?? Have you asked them to prove themselves even a little?? If not you know why they didn't do anything for you. I gave everything I had to god and jesus when I was younger. I had faith went to church and everything the bible told me to do. For 15+ years I was faithful and got nothing in return. NOTHING. When life got hard and I asked for the strength to make it one more day things got worse not better. i am so much better off without god. Just like you are better off without Ra and Odin.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

Anonymous

• How do you know you weren't hallucinating, anon? How can we believe you? We can't, because what you saw was subjective.

I could say that I frolic around with pink unicorns every day at noon. My story is just as credible as yours, because you cannot PROVE it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I always thought people who choose to base their whole life on one belief system are the ones who have the blinders on. I thought an atheist is an open minded individual that does not choose ONE particular belief to base a lifetime on.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Of course, was I trying to convert you....no! I cant do that anyways, only God can. I know what I have and what happened to me, I cant and I am not trying to get you to believe me.....its not necessary for me to have everyone believe what I say for me to be happy.....I can pass along my story....Jesus plants the seed and does what he wants and can do with the seed.....;)
    Anonymous

• Amen anonymous!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You got upset/offended by one answer and only started a question to stir more people up. Congratulations, may you get the drama you deserve.
    Anonymous

• *sigh* I think I'm just going to stop even trying. Nobody is going to change anybody's minds. I don't believe in god but some do. That's that. The end. Finito. Fin. Hasta la vista, baby.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• If you were not the least bit curious about Jesus, you would not have asked this question. Just like the other people who have posted religion questions, you are all curious. Just as I a christian am curious of other religions. Isnt it great to live in America! We can all have our own beliefs! We should be proud to live here.
    Sorry I know that is off topic to the question. What is Ra and Odin anyway?

I love Jesus!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Ra is the god of the sun in Egyptian mythology, just like God is the supreme god in Christian mythology.

I'm sure NP can tell you who Odin is, it slips my mind right now.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009