i cheated.

my boyfriend just found out i cheated on him about a month ago with my ex and we broke up. (i know people are going to bash but i don't even care, i just want some input) it was a STUPID mistake especially because i don't even want to be with my ex.. i was just in the moment i guess. i didn't tell my boyfriend because i knew he'd break up with me and i reallllly didn't want that. i know it's all my fault and i shouldn't have done it and i would take it back in a heartbeat ,but it's over with now. i just want to know how im supposed to stop feeling so lonely, and miserable, and just dissapointed in myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• You are not married to bf so imo it is not cheating. You are a single woman. You can do whatever you want. It happened, tell bf "so what?" If he's the right guy for you he'll come back and fix things. If he's not then move on. As long as you are single you can live your life doing what you want. You have make no vows to forsake all others. Tell him to get over himself and come take you to dinner then rock your world if he doesn't want you with other men.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• sigh. If you cheated having sex or emotionally with no sex, either way since you did and don't want to again, try personal counselling to help you figure things out. Feeling the way you do you might connect again with some one in a short time relationship, would that be good for you or chlid if you have one? You're not gonna go to real hell below this earth for cheating but if you don't find out how to not do it again then you could create a hell on earth for yourself, emotionally. Your doing great right here right now questioning things. Keep asking questions and you'll get answers to led to better stable times!!!!
    Anonymous

• ya cheating on my husband F***ed up my life but we got over it and are better then ever if he loves u he will come back if not screw him go get some hot new guy and forget that other guy
    Anonymous

• No, if you were in an exclusive relationship with the man then yes it is cheating. However, people make mistakes. Give it time and apologize to your boyfriend again. Give him time. He'll need time and space. Mean while, figure out WHY you cheated. There is a reason, and you (and your boyfriend if you get back together) need to figure out what the problem was/is and fix it. Good luck.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Cheating is for married people..You we not married you didn't cheat.

Answer by louise2 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't understand how you guys can say she didn't cheat because she wasn't married. If she was in a committed relationship with the man, it is cheating. When your married and cheat- its called having an affair. Especially if this woman and this man considers it cheating. Either way she went behind his back and slept with her ex. Are you saying you wouldnt be hurt if your boyfriend went behind your back and slept with his ex? Exactly.

I'm not bashing the OP at all. She just has to find out whats missing or what is wrong in that relationship to fix it. We are all humans and all make mistakes but for you guys to tell her its not cheating is just absurd.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• In my opinion she cheated. BUT, OP, you are human. It happened. Now all you can do is make sure it never happens again.
    Anonymous

• ok you cheated..it was wron gbut you are accepting responsiblity onw...

if the relationship is over with your bf...then all you can do is move on. it will take time....forgive yourself, we all make mistakes....some worse than others...but honestly none of us can relate unless we wer ein your shoes.

forgive yourself.......apologize to him and hope even if he never wants to see you, he can forgive you....and move on
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• that not married thing

so your saying if your boyfriend fucked your neighbor you wouldnt care? its cheating unless you have an open relationship
    moki1984

• So what exactly is your question?
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 7:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009