I used to be a active Christian, I loved going to church and Id always look forward to going. I stopped going because I started to notice Christians are very judgemental people.

If you arent in there ways 100% they treat you like a disease. Why do Christians do this? its completely against the bible to be judgemental.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Answered at 8:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 by: Anonymous
    anon 52--you let other people contribute to you not being Christians? You let other people be ONE of the reasons you are no longer Christians?

Yes actually, because to my way of thinking if "Christians" can treat other people, no matter who they are WITHOUT compassion, kindness and caring, then they don't really believe in god.

There are several other reasons why I am no longer a Christian. But the way Christians treat one another was one of the straws that broke the camel's back.
    Anonymous

• I think christ would be rolling around in his grave, if he had one.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Christianity has become corrupt through the years.

I thought being a Christian meant striving to be CHRIST-LIKE.

Jesus would be hanging out with us heathens, yo. He wouldn't be up in church hanging with the bible thumpers.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• because we are human
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 6:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Christians are HUMAN and make mistakes daily! People hold Christians to such a higher standard.

I know sometimes churches in general can turn people off, but just remember WHO you are there for and try and also remember that everyone is sinful and everyone judges, not just Christians....

sorry for your bad experience.
    Anonymous

• I agree, when I was newly married and I went to youth group with my sister to visit all of my friends, my sister said a prayer for me in the prayer circle about me being pregnant. I could see several of the people counting to my due date, assuming I got married because I was pregnant. Which I wasn't. It really hurt my feelings and pissed me off.
    That was really the catalyst to my questioning the catholic church.
    Anonymous

• Some Christians are still horrible sinners, we are in the process of being sanctified. Plus they have taken their eyes off the Lord and put them on other people. They should not judge you, but pray for you.

I still get this and I am a pastor's wife, so I understand how annoying it is. But you should still go. Because God could use you to be the "real" person at your church that makes other people feel more comfortable. People always tell me that I make them feel comfortable because I am just myself. Like they don't have to act "spiritual" around me, but they still want to be godly.

We are holy becuase God lives in us and makes us holy, pretending to be something you are not is hypocrisy. Don't be intimidated into being a hypocrite, by people who can't see their own sin, and seek to be justified by God in their own supposed righteousness. Just let God work in you.

Go to church, but BE YOURSELF!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I hope I never come across as a hypocrite. If I do I really hope God lets me know. What people do is none of my business. It is between them and God. I am so sorry for what the others have done to you all. I hope that you can put the rude comments and attitudes behind you and draw yourself closer to Christ.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i normally do not answer religious questions because it normally turns into a debate. i have been where you are. christians are judgemental hypocrips (sp?)! i told myself that i wasnt going to attend church because of that reason...why go? the members judge me more and harsher than God himself. it did not mean i love God any less or questioned my religion....i just thought the followers of the religion were what i like to call "Sunday Christians". my definition of a sunday christian is someone who does not live their live the way the bible says all week until sunday when they are in church judging others. i have learned that although there are "sunday christians" there are also different types of Christians. i for example am a relaxed christian. i dont believe in the same rules, i dont live my life by the bible the way that people would expect. i sin-i admit to my sins because im not perfect and i dont try to be. continued
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i dont want to push my religion on others-and i accept when someone doesnt believe or believes differently than i do. i worry about me. that doesnt mean i believe any less. then there are the full force christians. no offence if you are on-thats great-more power to you. spread Gods word if you feel that is your job. but thats not me. you need to find what YOU believe. if you believe in God but not the church aspect, great! if you dont believe in God at all-thats great too. and if you believe in another form of God-im not going to judge you either. YOU have to find what works for YOU! sorry to ramble but i needed to get this off my chest. if anyone feels it is there "duty" to bash me-dont waste your time. i have found what works for me....and i like it. *WOOO HOOO LAID BACK CHRISTIANS LOL ;)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2009