Prayer Request

I need the Lord to guide my DH and I as we seek His will for our dd next year.

We have her enrolled in a very good Christian school for next year. She is 4 and she is a normal 4 year old, not "advanced"

If we put her in the public school she would go into K, but the age req. for the school we have her at is 5 so she would be in a JR. K there and start K next year.

We have an option now to enroll her in a fundamental school, but she would start young in K. It would be free, plus it is a more conservative and strict school. But I am afraid it would be harder for her to keep up next year (as far as academics and maturity). Plus the teachers are more strict and formal, at the Christian school they are very strict but very loving.

She would also be missing the spiritual component. But we could make up for that here at home of course.

It is a huge decision. I would love some imput, encouragement and prayer : )

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 6:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• O.K part two,
    I'm gonna pray now
    " Dear Father,
    Please bless my friend and her husband with clear direction for the education of their daughter. You know how much they love her. You know that they want the best for her. Help them to have a clear sense from you of which is the best school. Then help them to have peace about the decision they make.
    Help any of us who give advice to do so with prayer and thought, not our own motives.
    In Jesus name,
    Amen"
    You will do the right thing I know you will.
    Kim Q
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't know if I made sense, LOL. The choice is between

her being in Jr.K at the amazing Christian school

or

her being in K at the fundamental school

: ) Thanks
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• a fundamental school is a public school? If so I say public school and get her involved after school in good activites that practice spirituality's and religion's respect of others and one's self. Library's have tons and tons of emotionally healthy and respectful activites so to Barnes and Noble bookstores and 4H groups. Some are afterschool, some weekends. Weekends and some times afterschool you good be in church. In your own heart do you want church for your daughter to be strict followings or worthlessness of one's self or do you want her to grow spiirtually in her own selfworth and towards others to strengthen her in life's hard times?
    Anonymous

• I actually think the public school (fundamental) might be too strict in a way. I mean I like strict moral codes and no booties hanging out, but I think it needs to be balanced by love.

I would love her to stay at the Christian school, God will provide if that is His will, but it will be about 6 thousand a year (and i have 2 kids so double that when my little one gets older). I love the Christian school she is at.

I think I am just afraid to put her at the fundamental school, so I need God's guidance and assurance if that is going to be okay for her.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• some times though in real time in this real day and age God's guidance comes from us being put in a place where we don't think we belong, to find out for ourselves and who and what we come through to know if it's right or not.

Your money needs to pay for more than one child and your place of living and how to live, bills, food, repairs, cars, clothes...

I think God's guiding you to looking at more than just where you wonder if He wants you to be or you wouldn't be questionning. jmo
    Anonymous

• Remember God won't put more on you than you can bare,so you know the answer already,there is 2 reasons your DD should go to the public school,1st,you can't afford the Christian school, 2nd you sound like you are afraid your DD won't do well.I was 4 when I started kindergarten,and my DD was 4yrs. old, when both kepted up, I had no problems in school keeping up. God bless you, don't feel bad,if you can't afford a private school,if you teach your child at home,if she has a large assortment of books in her own library,she will be just as smart

Anonymous

• O.K. I have never heard public schools in CA called fundamental schools. Also, the public schools tend to talk a good game in the discipline department. My experience is that what the official policy is has very little to do with the love and nurturing your child will get. That has a great deal more to do with the personalities of the teachers. The strict language of the discipline policy is probably district wide and really only becomes an issue in the upper elementary level and above. Plus some of the best teachers know that strictness and loving and nurturing are not mutually exclusive. So that isn't my biggest issue in this case. Academics maybe another, you know your child. If she has been in a decent preschool or if you have worked with her at home she will do fine in the harder program. If she hasn't had much academic or social experience the easier one might be better. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2009