Has anyone been diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome during pregnancy

Tell me your story

averys1mama

Asked by averys1mama at 6:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not during pregnancy, but I just found out it was the likely cause of my two miscarriages. I will see a specialist hopefully this upcoming week, but I hear that it requires baby aspirin and/or heparin to thin the blood for safe pregnancy. My adoptive family has factor v leiden which is also a thrombosis case (only that is genetic and not acquired), so they have had to do the same thing. My cousins who knew before pregnancy and took the aspirin and shots had healthy pregnancies. Just make sure to follow your doctor's recommendations. It is extremely important. My cousin who had a successful pregnancy before knowing she had factor v had a blood clot a couple days after birth and had a stroke. So this is serious business. Listen to the doctor and take care of yourself. Best wishes!
    Learning2Hope

Answer by Learning2Hope at 10:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2009