postpartum weight question

i just had my first baby may 22... i am 23 years old and usually before pregnancy i gained weight in my hips and legs.. now i have belly fat to lose! what is the easiest way to trim my stomach and what are good foods to eat to help this issue? prepregnancy i was 135 and now i am 160. i would really like to lose the preggy weight by september if possible. help please! :) xoxo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Nine months on, minimum nine months off.

Check out weight watchers, seriously.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• taebo is really good workout. i would suggest cardio as well as strength training...exercise balls work REALLY good!
    they healthy way to loose the weight is average 3 lbs loss a week and it also then has a better chance of staying off! lots of fruits and veggies and limit the fat intake.
    nevaehsmomma83

Answer by nevaehsmomma83 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I did weight watchers and it worked good for me. Hang in there.
    corid

Answer by corid at 7:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Weight watchers worked for me. Drink a lot of water!!! It will definitely help you flush out excess fluid. Lean meats like chicken and turkey and good too!
    maddiesmom02

Answer by maddiesmom02 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Advocare is working for me. If you want a chart to keep track of you measurements let me know and I can email it to you. You should also exercise 3-5 times a week and eat healthy lowing your calorie intake to around 1500. If you are interested in find more about how advocare works or you just need that extra support let me know. Good luck!
    Advocare_Mom

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 9:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Diets are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to get to and maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I feel like you asked my question. I've got the same measurements and stuff as you..gave birth April 16...don't know how to lose the weight this time around. Are you breast feeding? I hear it makes you lose the weight fast but so far, I feel the same. Tell me what ends up working for you.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2009