do you tip?

Do you tip for pizza delivery when they charge a delivery fee? I don't...

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It depends on the service and the driver. We generally order from the same place, but get a few different drivers. It depends on how they act and what they say. If you're asking me for a tip, you aren't getting one.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i dont! shoot they get pay for the gas and other things...
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 6:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I just ordered, it was 18 dollar order and they charged me 3 for delivery, which would have been how much I would have tipped. So I don't tip. Unless it's a huge order and they get it there still piping hot.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Always
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes, but most of the time we just go and pick it up bc it's so close by. Plus, the reason we do is bc I used to work in the f&b industry and just bc the company charges a delivery fee, idk for sure but that doesn't necessarily mean the driver gets it and blah blah yes it's his "job" but c'mon it's called common courtesy.
    ForgivenLev420

Answer by ForgivenLev420 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My dh delivers pizza and they have a 75 cent delivery fee. That's it. He gets stiffed all the time and he DOES NOT get his gas paid for. He pays for it himself and usually burns about $20 worth a night. he only makes $6.00/hour because of the assumed gratuity. And usually when the order's messed up or it's not hot, its not the delivery driver's fault. They rush back and forth from deliveries to the shop and get what they are given and get it there as fast as possible. I think it's extremely rude not to tip because it's not hot. It's a very thankless job and they deserve a tip. If you're too cheap to tip, go pick it up. I hate that job, it's not really worth what he makes, but it's his friends shop and he works around DHs school schedule, so he stays.
    Anonymous

• If the delivery fee were 75 cents, I would still tip. At the pizza place I worked at they didn't charge delivery and the drivers made minimum wage. The place I order from here, drivers do get part of their gas paid for (there is a cap on how much the company will pay) and they get 9 bucks an hour. Plus they have their car insurance through the company.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes I do. I tip for pretty much any service I could do myself, but have someone else do instead.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 7:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes I do tip. For the same reason LolosMom said. If it is a personal service to me, then I tip. I don't tip at a fast food place because they aren't doing extra for me, they are just assembling their product. But if I order take out from a restaurant, then I do tip the server who puts it together and carries it to me.

Answer by Bmat at 7:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009