Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i dont about surgery

ok my son needs a small surgery to remove some scare tissue from his rib cage... and his dr who has done him PDA and Hernias surgery should be doing it when my son is a year old... but now im going to move to lancaster pa and i dont want to find a different dr to do his surgery...

would be werid if i ask his dr to do the surgery b4 his a year old.... b4 we move to PA?

Answer Question
 
enaNianza

Asked by enaNianza at 7:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 12 (752 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I would talk to your doc about it. I can understand not wanting to find a new doc, but if there is a medical reason why you need to wait until he is a year old, you have to do what is best for your baby. If they can't do the surgery early, maybe your doc could recommend someone in Lancaster? Would it be possible to travel back when your son is ready for the surgery? I don't think it is "weird" at all. You have a relationship with this doc & you don't want to trust your son to just anyone (I know how that feels--my son had hernia surgery).
    funnyface1204

    Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • If you trust your doctor do as he says and do at the age he says. google the hospital in pa and reserarch it send emails or call
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • WELL MY SONS DR JUST DIDNT WANT TO PUT HIM UNDER AGAIN thats it but my son came out easy everytime!
    enaNianza

    Answer by enaNianza at 7:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • i would just talk to the doctor, explain that you are moving and would prefer that he perform the surgery. if he still wants to wait, than ask if he can recommend a doc in the area you are moving to or at a nearby hospital and go from there.
    vabchmommy

    Answer by vabchmommy at 7:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • Not sure if it's possible but could you come back to see this doctor for the surgery after you move? I'm sure the doctor has a reason why he wants to wait until he's a year old...
    stepmom929

    Answer by stepmom929 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • I'm sure they have a very valid reason for wanting to wait. Perhaps this procedure is more invasive? I would wait if I were you.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • his dr said "we'll do it when his a year old b/c we dont need to put him under right now" thats all he said... shout me and my hubby is using all our money moving out there

    enaNianza

    Answer by enaNianza at 8:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • Hi- I live right around Lanacaster PA actually. If you wait and move here, PM me because you can take him to the Childrens Hospital of Philadephia and they are top notch!
    Scoobersmom

    Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • CHOPS are highly rated in the children's surgery department. So that is a plus. I understand how you feel. We have considered moving, but I refuse to because my son's surgeon is here and he needs more surgery. As far a coming back for surgery when its time there are a number of charities and grants to help with that cost. Angelflights.org does free flights for patients. Ronald McDonald house provides housing and food and moral support.
    darcibeisheim

    Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.