Why is private health insurance on the rise in Canada?

Private healthcare is on the rise in Canada because the Goverment can't keep up. And this is what we want to go to??
http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=20060501_125881_125881
http://www.thehastingscenter.org/HealthCareCostMonitor/Default.aspx?id=3518&blogid=87870

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why do they buy private health insurance? Could it be the FREE public health plan isn't so peachy?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Forgot to mention, they still have to pay for the Gov healthcare.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• trust me its' on the rise here too. we're cobraing my son who's aged out of student health insurance under us. seven hundred dollars a month until a benefits job is found but at least we know this insruance company that we have to won't screw us. my state's insurance for private individual or priviate amily health insurance (no publ. assistance health insur.) charges costs by where in my state the proposed insured lives plus additionally pre existing and also past insurance claims. What a mess. Obama save us!!!
    Anonymous

• Obama save us? Good grief are we in major trouble.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Far better than another old timer in his seventies heading into alzheimer's for sure!!!
    Anonymous

• So Op how many years did you live in Canada that you know their health care system so well? Please show me the facts that USA wants the same system like they have in Canada.Because you must understand that every country with universal health care has a completly different system how they are build up.Trust me I know .

Anonymous

• Obama save us!!!

That was a joke right?? OH OK then I get it..

*LMBO*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Just so everyone is aware, they might get "free" health care, but it takes FOREVER to get into a specialist. My dad waited nearly 4 months to get in for an XRAY on his foot!
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 8:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• if you were for McCain what would he have proposed and followed through on do you believe? Not at all that Obama will do us nationally and individually better, he's just younger and brings in a younger cabinet and a different range of hope for us than an old timer does. Clinton was not an old timer but we've had more old timers than young bloods that offer a more fresh hope for bettering this mess. Don't know that Obama's reallly better, just appreciate his age. Only history years later tells who's the best if any.
    Anonymous

• oh my is Obama is saving us them we are in more trouble than I thought....
    Anonymous