is it possible..

To tell the gender of your baby at 15 weeks through Vaginal Ultrasound? I went in for an U/S on the 29th, the U/S tech was one of the better ones Ive had! She made it a point to show us things and explain them. I asked her "Now we find out the gender between 18-20 weeks right?" she said "Yes. but I can do a gender exam right now to see if I can see what it is" of course DH and I were like heck yeah! lol so the lady zoomed in and right off the bat said "It's a boy!" Dh and I were like really? that fast? she said "I've been doing this for 15 years and have never been wrong once. I wouldnt tell you if I wasnt Positive that I knew for sure"

Well I know that a lot of people say its not possible to tell before 18-20 weeks... This woman even gave us a picture pointing at my babys little shmeckle...

So what do you all think?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 7:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't know they could do that! Congrats on your baby boy!
    Anonymous

• yes its possible to tell your babys gender at 15 weeks depends on if they want to show themselves!
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I've heard of people finding out as early as 13 weeks, but it isn't as accurate until about 20 weeks. I wouldn't go buy blue just yet. I have a friend that was told she was having a boy...and then she ended up with a girl!!! She had ALL blue stuff. So be careful!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• yes it is possible, i new the gender of my son at 15 weeks and the gender of my daughter at 14 weekss 3 days... and both were right. i WAITED TO BE SURE UNTIL MY 18 WEEK EXAM BUT BOTH WERE RIGHT. CONGRATS ON THE BOY
    Anonymous

• a while back i posted this question from my own past pregnancies - i got over 20 responses and half were told wrongly in advance baby's sex. The only sure fire way to know some one's pregnant is to have a baby is just about to have a baby and the only for sure way to know sex with out a hint of doubt is to have the baby!!! I wouldn't buy blue til baby boy's here!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes it is possible to tell the gender that early, we have places here in L.A. that tell you that early, congrats on the boy, we have 1 each and have to wait 8 more weeks to reach 15 to find out the gender of this baby
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Go get you some blue!!! Congrats!
    5maddie

Answer by 5maddie at 7:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I found out at 13 weeks that I'm having a boy, and 5 ultrasounds later at week 36 all have agreed that it is in fact a little boy. :) It totally depends on if if the part in question is big enough, and if your baby is in the mood to share.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009