when do you know i mean really know that its time to potty train?

i just got done potty trianing my oldest. she is three. i started working with her when she turned two and a half. her lil sister whom is 2 thinks the potty is a chair and all u do is sit on it. she has got the concept that ur suppous to do something in it. i'm tryin to figure out when it should be a good time to try to potty train her. She keep takeing off her own diaper, and even trys to change herself.

Deamoma

Asked by Deamoma at 7:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Since she has watched her older sister learn, she may be ready much sooner. In any case, it won't hurt to start putting her on the potty at set times of the day - every hour, after her sister goes, whenever you go, or whatever schedule you want. Every child is different so don't compare her "readiness" to her sisters. And many times you can't tell a child is or isn't ready until you try.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I decided when my son was "ready" just like I'll be deciding when my daughter is going to be potty trained. I'm not into dragging it out for a year because they weren't into it lol
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 7:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009