what is a good wedding gift to get for a couple getting married that is on wedding #2. They have most typical items so looking for something different

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can always look around for a gift item that can be personalized with their names and date of marriage. I think its 'Things Remembered' or something along those lines in the mall. There are a lot of cool things you can find online - blankets, plates, wall plaques, or a photo frame for their wedding photo.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i GOT MY BEST FRIEND A CHINA SET FOR HER WEDDING AND SHE WAS ON WEDDING #3... IT WAS SOMETHING FOR THEM TO START THERE NEW MARRIAGE OFF WITH THAT DIDNT COME FROM ANOTHER ONE...
    Anonymous

• It may seem cheesy, but everyone likes a good dinner so maybe a certificate?
    5maddie

Answer by 5maddie at 7:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I like Smaddie's idea of a gift certificate. Towels are something people can always use, too, but not very elegant. Something that I enjoy greatly is my Keurig coffeemaker. If they like a good cup of coffee then that is an idea, only they'd have to be willing to buy the k-cups to use in it, or else the converter so they could use their own grounds.

Answer by Bmat at 7:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Well how about a CD, savings bond? Extra money for their honeymoon. How about gift certificates that say...Bride and Groom...oh what about chocolates, Godiva has some good ones...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Do they like wine? You could do a fancy wine basket with some bottles they wouldn't normally splurge on.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Money is always a wonderful gift. For my husband's brother's wedding we gave them a basket of wine and gift certificates to several area restaurants. The idea was to remind them to go out and have fun together and not to let the fun burn out.

When in doubt, just write a check!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• marital insurance?

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I get folks practical things like fire extinguishers and carbon monoxide detectors. So far I've never been duplicated like I would if I got an iron or a toaster. Plus it makes for great conversation and shows my love for the couple so they stay safe in their new family home

Answer by admckenzie at 8:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Gift cards. Sounds cheesy, but when the old stuff is starting to wear out, sometimes you'd like to replace it! How about one to Bed Bath and Beyond?
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 9:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2009