Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help... Any suggestions at all are appreciated!!!!

My son and I just got home from an outdoor festival where there was bubbles. He got some in his eyes, and the soap irritated the crap out of them. Both his eyes are bloodshot red and he can't completely open the one. We flushed them out with water at the first aid tent when we were there, then he fell asleep on my lap. He just woke up and still can't open his eyes completely. I flushed them out again as best I could and gave him a cool wash cloth to put on them. Any other suggestions on what to do? He keeps crying it burns, but I can't think of anything else that would help.

Answer Question

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 19 (7,805 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I would call the doc...he might have an allergy

    Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • How old is ds? If in elementary school tell him to either not move his eyes at all or to move them slowly up down left right - very very slowly. Must have been a bottle thrown that dumped accidently. Poor thing. Continue to cuddle him. Maybe he'll eat a popsicle for you while cuddling and getting adjusted. Call your dr if doesn't clear in a bit.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • Ya I would call the doctors office and ask what you could do. Poor little guy I hope he feels better soon.

    Answer by raemommy at 8:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • He's 3, so just trying to flush out his eyes was difficult enough, but i did put on spongebob, and he's sitting with me cuddling... He's stopped crying, but they're still very red. Were on vacation, and I'd prefer to not go to the urgent care, but how long should I give it before getting concerned?

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • I'd go to the store for an actual eye wash solution. If his eyes aren't better after that, it may need pro help.


    Answer by timelessglass at 8:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • Thanks ladies, I'll run to the drug store and get some eye wash solution since were out of town and try that before the urgent care.

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • You can ask at your local pharmacy as to what you should use. You can call poison control if he is in real pain and ask what to do. If all else fails, call you doctor. grannywilson

    Answer by grannywilson at 10:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • Call Dr. or Drug Store - maybe eye wash tear drops- God Bless! Poor Little Guy.

    Answer by noel24 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.