HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

my dd will not calm down.....she has been crying...no make that screaming. For the psat 2 hours. straight. I've tried her tylenol, i've tried orajel, iv tried no clothes ive tried clothes, i've tried gas drops, she's not hungry...cuz she just ate. i dont know what else to do....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a change of scenery. Go for a walk.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree - try a walk, or ride in the car...have you tried swaddling? Sorry you are having a rough afternoon!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• How old is she? A bath maybe? I know my DD got a bath everynight ecause it calmed her ... then we swaddled
    Anonymous

• if you do try swaddling give her a few minutes in it...sometimes it takes a few minutes before it will calm them down.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• when our son was cranky, we would take him for a drive and he would fall right to sleep. What about a gentle shower? Is she old enough to be teething? Try rubbing her gums? Hope she's ok.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• How old is your baby? Could it possibly be colic? My son had that, and screamed for HOURS at night, there was nothing that could comfort him. He just eventually outgrew it. I've heard it's due to a digestive system that is not quite fully developed. He loved being in his swing at times like that.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 8:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• She is 6 months and 3 weeks. she has two teeth in but i thought that after they cut thru......the hurting stopped. i have already given her motrin (not tylenol i didnt mean to type that in my op) she was fine until i tried to get her to take her nap ealier today......she wouldnt take it....so we played some more and now she wont do anything but cry.......she wont go to bed.....we have already given her bath...thru all the tears. it didnt help. :(
    Anonymous

• as far as we know she doesnt have colic. this is the first time she has done this....
    Anonymous

• Go for a drive, when you get home, if she's sleeping, keep her in her infant seat, and bring it into the house and let her continue to sleep in it as long as she will. Get some help if you can so you can take a breather as needed. Maybe her belly? If she keeps up, take her to the doctor. Being inconsolable is reason enough to take her to the ER. Definitely check with your doctor.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 8:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• This is the funniest thing ever!!!! I put her in her highchair to see if she was still hungry...i tried her baby food.....a bottle....everything and she still cried....SO....i thought maybe she wants her cheese puffs (the baby ones from gerber) I had tried them with her last night. She still doesnt understand how to get them from her hand to her mouth but if you break it up and feed it to her she will chew it up and eat it. I tried that.....and what do you know. She hushed right up and started smiling.......this whole time the little munchkin only wanted her cheese puffs. lol!
    Anonymous