McCain supporter, why? Obama supporter why? These are questions just of what made you support who you did. It's not a question of will Obama ful fill his promises, cause we don't know yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I support fiscally conservative principles. McCain was more fiscally Conservative that the liberal agenda pushing BO. If I had it to do over, I may have gone with Ron Paul.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I support McCain because I am republican and we had a lot more of the same views than I did with Obama
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I am not somuch of a McCain supporter as I am NOT an Obama supporter. I didn't have a dog in this fight. A Dem or a socialist. So I chose the Dem-McCain
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• McCain: cut spending and balance the budget
    Obama: create new programs to spend more money
    This was during their last debate. The mod called Obama out for not answering "how would you cut the deficit" twice, he still never answered, except to say he'd add more spending.

McCain: set up a database to match people up with existing, already funded volunteer orgs that need help
    Obama: spend millions to set up a new volunteer program to strip people away from existing volunteer orgs and direct new volunteers away from them

McCain: pull out of Iraq as is strategically feasible and safest for all involved
    Obama: set a hard date for withdrawal so the enemy can adjust their schedule accordingly (or course he abandoned that as soon as he was elected)

McCain: running mate with more executive branch experience than anyone else in the election
    Obama: running mate who said Obama was underqualified

McCain: experience
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Obama: change
    NotPanicking

• "will Obama ful fill his promises"

Like repeal the patriot act? Instead, he decided to keep it and expand it.

Like cut the deficit in half? Instead, he doubled it.

Like pull troops from Iraq immediately? Instead, he decided to basically keep Bush's schedule.

He DID promise our utility bills will skyrocket, and it looks like he may achieve THAT.
    Anonymous

• Why does it matter now, it is not like it is going to change anything. Just get passed it an hope and pray for the best.
    Anonymous

• Why is nobody making the case for Obama? Is get over it all they know how to say?
    Anonymous

• i voted for Obama...but i dont really support him anymore than i would any sitting president. i was really rooting for Ron Paul b/c he seems to be an honest, reasonable man who would rule w/ common sense instead of party lines. i really hate most politicians b/c they are the same lying person charged up by whatever they are told to think so they can get elected. i was initially excited about McCain getting the nom b/c he was my fav choice in 2000, but he changed. then he picked Palin, who i had seen screw up Wasilla, when i lived in Alaska. the way she spoke & the things she said made my head spin & my heart hurt...so i voted against her being anywhere near the White House. so far i do not regret anything...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My vote for McCain was a vote AGAINST Obama. Why because Obama has no idea what he's doing and its only taken him 5 months to prove that. Things like Cap and Trade make me sick. We would have been so much better off with Hillary in office.
    Anonymous