is it possible for a 6 week old to start teething?............

my DD is 6 weeks old today and she has been really fuzzy and she has a lot of saliva coming out. her lower gums are a little swollen like where the first 2 teeth are supposed to come out

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 8:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething is a process. The teeth are there, and they are surely working their way up, but more than likely it will still be a few months before they actually surface.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 8:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• so you think i should buy her the orajel gel already?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 8:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• No orajel doesn't work til they have popped through as that is a topical treatment. Freeze a washcloth for 10mins then give it to her to chew on/suck on. We did that for our son, he is 5months and already has a tooth.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes it's possible. My Dr. told me that there was no way my ds was teething at 6 wks but at 3 months he had a tooth. The vibrating teether worked really well for my ds. It's by First Year and I got it at walmart. Being that she's 6 weeks old your going to have to hold it for her. Good luck.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• ok, my parents/grandparents said put a drop of whiskey on your finger and rub it on their gums.. is that ok? wouldnt that make them sick?
    Anonymous

• You shouldn't give a baby alcohol. It is an old remedy, but alot of the time it gets abused and you end up getting our baby sick. Try cold teething rings or a damp washcloth that gas been in the freezer for a few minutes. It's hard to hear your baby fussing, but she will be ok. You can also massage her gums with clean fingers. Sometimes that helps. Hang in there.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 12:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Sometimes.... though extremely rarely... babies can be born with a tooth. Anything is possible. My baby loved to chew on a cold coke can. Thats what worked for her.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 2:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my babies doctor said they can start coming in right after their born but is very rare so pretty much anytime
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2009