What timing is right?

My husband and I are thinking about planning for baby number 2. Ian is 14 months old currently, and we are going between this summer and next summer. They will either be 2 years apart or 3 years apart, if everything works out. In your opinions what has worked for you? My husband want to try now, and I go back and forth on it...

IansMommy421

Asked by IansMommy421 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it is up to the both of you and what you feel you both would like to do. cant really tell ya what is right or wrong or what to choose to do..lol
    Anonymous

• IMO I think you should do two years apart me and my sister are two years apart and we are really close. But in all its all up to how you and your hubby feel about it, your finacial situtation etc.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think 2 years in between children is great. I know others who say 5 years is best. It depends on what you desire for your particular situation. Some like child # 1 to be in Kindergarten, so they can get some rest while their new baby is napping. Some like to have them back to back so they will be close in age. I bought a double stroller & used it on outings while my dd was 2. I would use it to hold one child while I was getting the other out of the car. That way my dd didn't run out in the parking lot while I was getting my baby out. At 2 years apart, you'll probably have 2 in diapers at the same time. That's why some ppl suggest 3 or more years in between. I switched to cloth diapers, which is cheaper over time as they can be handed down from one child to the next.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 10:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Just follow what is right in your heart. To me I want my kids to be in close age, I hope this advice works for you. Goodluck.
    demelina56

Answer by demelina56 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We just went through the same discussion as well. My son will be two this September 20th and we have decided to start ttc September 1st. That way they will be close to three years apart, which in my eyes is the perfect age gap. The reason we decided this is because I breastfed the first 13 months with my son, than I have another year to let my body rest and get back into shape. Than I will have ten months to get my son and our house ready for the next baby.
    BillmanWife

Answer by BillmanWife at 2:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009