4th of July Menu

I'm curious as to what everyone is making for the 4th of July?

Were doing a big grill bash, with burgers, hot dogs, sauages, chicken and I think fish ( some family like's grilled fish) potato salad, mac salad, pasta salad, baked beans, chips, dips, cole slaw and tons of desserts, and I think corn on the cob, and a few veggie salads. Some one will bring 2 different kinds of fruit salads, these go over well at family gatherings, and fresh fruit. My family is pigs, I swear you can feed Iraq with everything they make.

Please include recipes... I need new ideas.

Catrin2009

Asked by Catrin2009 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• LOL we are going to Make Tri tip sandwiches and mac salad take it with us to the local hight school to see the fire work show they are illegal in our small town so we cant do them ourselves. My mom and step dad are coming from bakersfield so that will be the first 4 of july in a long time we spend together It will be fun!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Sorry I was going to add this and forgot-
    try to make some hot wings you can but a bag of frozen wings at the store bake them on a cookie sheet for about 35 minuted then brush them with butter and season them w/ what ever you like then bake 10 more minutes then take them out of the oven and brush franks red hot sauce on them they are a hit at all of our bar b q's and for the ones who don't like spicy use Bar b q sauce!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We are having sloppy joes, tuna salad, chips, apples and dip, pasta salad and birthday cupcakes. The 4th is my son's 13th birthday.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We are having a barbecue with chicken, hot dogs, beans, corn on the cob, and a special 4th of July cake we make (white cake mix with some lemon juice added in, bake, frost with cream cheese icing, decorate with blueberries for the stars of the flag and strawberries or raspberries for the red stripes) its very yummy. We will be having 2 families over to our house for the barbecue then going to the base fireworks display.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• We are not doing any type of gathering on the 4th...
    But the 11th... grilled chicken breast, hot dogs, corn on cob, salads... patotoes, chicken, cold pasta, most likely chips with dips and veggies and dips... and whatever anyone pops in with...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• dont underestimate grilled corn on the cob thats my new favorite,, just soak it first take out the silt? and slow grill it,,yummm add butter when your done after you quick rinse it... also a favorite of mine is a to marinate in greek yogurt chicken breast. 1 cup g reek yogurt crushed garlic clove pinch of oregano spash of olive oil and splash of lemon juice lil salt .. grill chicken after you marinate it as long as 24 hrs, but 30 min is okay, longer is better, Also be sure to make a greek yogurt sauce for the side same seasoning as above but add a cuccumber finely diced and mint if you have it. we serve in grilled pitas or flat bread whatever you like. make a little greek style salad with feta and thats really yummy nice tomatoes and romaine red onion and peppers... Im hungry now!
    karenwarshaw

Answer by karenwarshaw at 6:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009