when is the line crossed to actually committing adultery?

Is it actual intercourse? is thinking about or imagining? Is it starting a close relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you base it on the bible, it's just thinking about it. Of course if you don't believe in the Bible, it may just be when you have personal contact.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Enough said.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• enough said in the question? the above answer? you might want to say just a few more words :-)
    Anonymous

• Oh sorry lol. The answer If you beileve in the bible it is merely thinking. If you don't believe in the bible and you have sex, kiss, starting a close relationship with the person then it is adultery.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• imo it's actual intercourse or even oral sex. Some don't seem to think oral sex is adultery thanks to President Clinton but to me it is.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• DH and I had this conversation recently because a woman I know is getting a divorce. She was worried a few months ago because a female co-worker of her husband was emailing him asking for marital advice. It made her very uncomfortable and when she told him, he said she was overreacting. Fast forward about 4 months, she found an email where they were very obviously flirting and arranging to meet in a bar. And all the while he's been getting more and more defensive and private.

DH says it's when you cross the line to meeting. I say it's as soon as you communicate inappropriately (flirty texts, etc). As far as I'm concerned, the flirting should make you uncomfortable - if you wouldn't be willing to do or say it in front of your SO, you shouldn't do or say it at all. More to the point - if your SO heard about it second hand from someone they trust, would you be sleeping on the couch? You crossed the line.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• On one of the morning talk shows, I heard a great answer. If you feel the need to lie and sneak around about it then it's crossing the line. I like this one!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yeah what NotPanicking said....
    being married... I am uncomfortable with my husband talking to female friends longer than me. In a marriage there should be respect and honor ... in how much or how long you spend with someome of the opposite sex and I do not believe it is right to be alone with them either.
    As for adultery... if you lust with your eyes you have already commited adultery in the heart. Just flirting is adultery to me... looking at porn is adultery .. your eyes are not on your spouse but on someone else.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• All of the above
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 8:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Now..... enough said! :)
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009