5 day pay or quit notice question

Just a quick question on a 5 day pay or quit notice. We got our water bill today and it had attached to it 2 - 5 day pay or quit notices. One said that we had to pay by 6/23 and the other said that it had to be paid by 7/1 and was dated 6/29. We just got them today, so can anyone tell me when we should have to have it paid by? I am not questioning the validity of the notice just when do we have to have it paid by so that we don't go to the next step. Also does anyone know if we don't pay before they go and get a court date if we pay before the court date will we be able to stay?
Thanks in advance for the help and the lack of judgement we have had some major issues come up (lost my job and hubby's hours got cut, had to put 4 new tires on the van really rough time)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Are u sayin that if u dnt pay the water bill they will kick u outta ur residence?! Wow. They cut us off if we dnt pay...then charge a $50 reconnect. I really dnt think they'll evict u for nonpayment of a utility. I know times are tough. Same boat here! GL!
    Anonymous

• They cannot kick you out of your home for not paying the water bill, but they can turn off your water until it is paid or payment arrangements are made. Why don't you call the water company and ask them these questions, they would be the only ones to give you the correct information.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• There should be a phone number on the notice... call and ask.
    You will probably wake up tomorrow without water and have to go pay in person.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The water company cannot evict you. Thet can turn off service. Pay it TODAY or you'll be in for a whopping deposit requirement too.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009