Placenta Previa...... Is there a point in going to the hospital?

I was diagnosed with a complete previa at 22 weeks and i am now 26 weeks along. My question is my doctor did not give me much information on what I should be doing or not doing and this afternoon I had a little bleeding but its now since stopped. I was reading online that you should immediately go to the ER if you have any but im thinking because im no longer bleeding theres no point and I dont want to be on of those people who go for every little thing.
Besides if im no longer bleeding can they even tell if i was and what it means if im on pelvic rest which means no internals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• normally i'd say a little bit of bleeding during pregnancy is normal and fine as long as it stops and is not accompanied by bleeding or cramping. if you were instructed to go to the ER you might have to, see if you can call and speak to someone at the ER, your doctor or a nurse hotline to be sure.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• call your doctor or your hospitals Labor and Delivery. They'll know what to tell you.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 9:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• If you call they will say we can't diagnose you over the phone. If you fell you need to be seen come in. Or they will say if you see bleeding come in immediately. Everything is the cover your a$$ answer. If it was only a dab of spotting , no pain, no cramps, no achey back I wouldn't go in. If even a little blood is accompanied by any of those things go to ER immdiately
    Anonymous

• Call your OBGYN or MW and tell them... they will probably not be surprised ..but there is a list of things you need to know about previa and they need to explain it to you A LOT better--for example after 24 weeks you should NOT have sex....
    you must have a scheduled C-section
    and some bleeding is normal in previa but you need them to tell you when it is too much and what they want you to do about it
    there is a lot to know--- do you even understand what it is??
    seriously call you Dr or midwife and have a chat with him or her NOW
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Why WOULDN'T you go? I mean, if there is even risk that your child's life is at stake...go check it out. They tell you to go in if there is any bleeding at all for a reason. It's a dangerous situation, and if it were wise for you to diagnose yourself, they would have given you more guidelines.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2009