Can you have fun and laugh with religion or does it always have to be serious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i spend more time laughing & having fun than i do being serious about almost everything, religion included. and i believe that if you cant laugh at yourself (your own religion in this case) then you shouldnt be laughing at others.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• it can be fun.. if done tastefully. And when you tell the whole story.. when you leave out parts of the story.. you tend to miss the key points of the joke. When you do that.. people tend to fill in the blanks.. leaving the punch line now something that is no longer funny.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Absolutely, there are many Christian comedians.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I was never happier or having more fun than once I realized where my heart needed to be. Other things in my life have changed and I fell away from the church, but I know I need to be back involved in that. And because of that, my life isn't so happy right now and I'm not having too much fun at the moment.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• even God has a sense of humor. Thats what i always say!
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 9:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I am a very happy person, we laugh ,we have an awesome time in church,but,I refuse to take part of jokes about Jesus,I haven't seen anything funny yet about Jesus being crucified.I do think some devil worshippers love tell jokes ,to get laughs.

Anonymous

• Thats whats wrong with the world now everybody thinks HELL is a joke, its time to stop playing church and get yourself right.
    Anonymous

• Religion itself is one big joke to me. If I can't make fun of it with someone, I'll find someone else who will.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Absolutely...have fun!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• God has a sence of humor-- have you ever seen a platypus?
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 11:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2009