ok ok. i know your not suppose to drink or have caffine but, can i eat a coffeecakes their little cakes from pathmark.

jan62010

Asked by jan62010 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i don't see why not, as long as you don't exceed 300milligrams of caffeine per day you should be fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't see why not. you can actually drink a cup of coffee a day.
    Anonymous

• Yeah your allowed 300 milligrams a fay. A 8oz cup of coffee averages at about 90. Tea 45 and pop about 45 as well. I don't think coffee cake is made with actual coffee
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Okay maybe I am just dumb but I always thought a coffee cake was just something to eat while you drank coffee but didn't really contain coffee.

Anonymous

• are you talking about the cakes with the crumblies on top? Coffee cake doesn't have caffeine in it as far as I know. unless you see coffee as an ingredient or how much caffeine is in it on the nutrition label, I don't see why you can't eat them.

I was told that you can have about two eight ounce cups of coffee a day or the equivalent in caffeine.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 9:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Absolutely, One of my cravings was coffee. I drank about a cup or so a day. No more than 2. And I'm sure I ate my fair share of caffeine. My baby came out just fine healthy as can be.
    Patty414

Answer by Patty414 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I'm going with yes on this one. And if you're wanting some coffee, try half caf. I like Folgers Half Caf. I still drink it as I'm bf.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 9:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yes! I'm not a doctor, but I can't imagine these even have any caffeine in them. The flavorings are almost surely artificial. And you know...most doctors, if not all, will tell you that you can even have some coffee during the day. You just shouldn't exceed the equivalent of 2 cups. I got really bad headaches earlier in my pregnancy and my doctor told me to drink a cup of coffee when I got them because the caffeine would help. People are way too overly cautious oftentimes, she said, and that you CAN have some caffeine during pregnancy.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009