What is a fair price at garage sales?

I am about to have a big garage sale next weekend and need some help on what fair prices would be. I have TONS of clothes. Most are brand new and none of them have stains. I also have all of my son's stuff (he's 1 now) from when he was an infant that he never used, like his walker, swing, etc. I would like to get some money out of them but I understand the economy right now and I also don't want to get cheated. All this money will go back to my kids for clothes, toys, stuff they need, and stuff for the new baby. Thank you in advance for your help.

Amanda_Jo1209

Asked by Amanda_Jo1209 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have yard sales all the time. My DDs stuff is VERY nice and people always coment on how everything looks so new. I sell jeans for $2.00, cotton pants for $1.00, Jean shorts for $1.00, cotton shorts for $.50, onsies for $.50, T-shirts for $1.00, sweat shirts for $2.00, Out fits that are multipal peices are based on how fancy they are, usually like $2.00-$5.00, light weight jammies for $2.00 and heavy jammies for $3.00, fancy dresses for $5.00-7.00, casual dresses are $2.00-$3.00, All small items like bibs, and stuff are always $.50. As for the large items, I would put a tag on it for about 1/3 of what you paid for it and people will always ask if you will go lower or offer a little less....if they do and you feel its a fair offer take it. Same with the clothes, I always give a good deal for those who buy alot at one time. You could do domething like "fill a diaper box for $30" or something like that.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I hate to say it, but at a yard sale you're probably not going to get what you want. I'd say for used clothes I wouldn't pay more than $1 or $2. Probably up to $5 for clothes with tags on. For the walker and the swing you might be able to get $10. Maybe $20 depending on how elaborate they are. People go to yard sales to get great deals!! I'd sell the bigger items in the classifieds or Craigslist in hopes to get a little more.
    Anonymous

• I'd say about a dollar unless it's a set maybe 2-3 dollars.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009