• In the Spotlight:

to moms that think breastfeeding is gross...why

a friend of mine said she thinks bf'ing is disgusting and gross and nobody should do it since we now have formula(i EBF) and ive read on here lots of ppl think that way...i know this will probably start drama(which i really am not trying to do,but i know how ppl r) but i really want to know,to the ppl who think bf'ing is gross or that women should cover or hide it and those who never wanted to try bf'ing...what exactly about it do u think is gross? or why?...and i just wanted to add,plz no fighting,we r all adults here and i just want honest answers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't get it either. It seems perfectly natural to me to use them for their intended purpose.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I bf two babies for over six months nothing but breast til then and my last one from early on in infancy I bf and also at the same time formula fed til over six months.

I think bf itself is beautiful but I don't like it when mothers in public do it and don't care about hanging out or not. I bf three kids so obviously I'm not anti bf. When I bf I was conscious of others thoughts on privacy and those against bf yet I practiced my choice to bf in public while covering myself in public to provide comfort to those around me with different opinions.

It bothers me to see boobs hanging out when bf but not to see a child actually bf or to see a covered mom who is bfing.
    Anonymous

• I think most people see a woman's breasts as a sexual thing. I personally see woman's breasts as a source of nourishment for their children and that's what they were originally intended for. We are in a sex-crazed world these days and everyone sees a lot of things that were once innocent as sexual. It's horrible!
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't see breasts as purely a sexual object. I personally don't think breasts are all that attractive. I don't want to see anyone's breasts-- including "man-boobs" that men without shirts sport.
    Anonymous

• ANON:I think bf itself is beautiful but I don't like it when mothers in public do it and don't care about hanging out or not.

i bf in public and never cover but i am also discreet about it and dont show anything,however it would never bother me seeing someone bf not so discreetly,and i dont believe women should have to cover to feed thier kids.
    Anonymous

• If someone is so immature that they actually believe BFing is "gross" or "disgusting" & that everyone should just formula feed-then they really need to get a life and realize that BFing is one of the most natural actions in this world! I partially breastfeed (not by choice!) I try harder and harder everyday to get back to only breastfeeding. I would love to be able to EBF!!! If someone has the God given ability to BF then they should be doing it! BFing IS WHATS BEST FOR YOUR BABY! I understand that some mamas aren't able to BF, but not doing it because you thinks it disgusting is just being selfish! And I proudly BF in public! I cover up while BFing in public out of respect, but I will not stop BFing in public!-My baby has to eat too! I think its gross the way some people eat, but I don't tell them to hide their face! - Or to go eat somewhere else! I posted this on your other ? as well! ...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 10:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I dont have problem with BFing and i tried so hard to get my DD to BF, but because of some circumstances, we formula feed. But i plan on trying again with my next child.

I dont think BFing is public is gross, but i do prefer when they do it discreetly or cover-up. Only for the fact that men look (though i'd smack my hubby if he did) and some people do not want their children to see it yet. Which i respect. I even asked my mother if it was alright if my younger sisters to see me BF (while i tried) because they were only 4 and 6. She was fine with it, but some parents arent.
    Anonymous

• I don't have a problem with breast feeding. I don't think it's gross but I do feel as though some women could do a better job covering up while breast feeding in public. I feel like, you should just try to cover up out of respect. It makes some people uncomfortable.
    Anonymous