nose bleeds?????????

for the past two days my nose has been bleeding.. not to bad but enough.. i never had nose bleeds with my first child. i dont know what this could be.. or what to do.
is it just my hormones or what..
please any advice , im a little nervous!!! thanks

and im 15 weeks .... dunno if that means anything just thought i would add it

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 9:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is my first pregnancy, and im 38 weeks. In the first trimester and a little into the second my nose bled a lot too and it scared me. My doctor said it was normal and I could blame it on hormones. Its also normal for your gums to bleed a little bit when you brush your teeth. If you are really nervous about it talk to your doctor, but I am sure he/she will tell you its normal.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My first trimester I would wake up at least once a week and I would sit up and my nose would gush. Sucks!!! My doctor said it's because your body has increased blood (to take care of baby) and the tiny little capillaries sometimes just bust bc of the increased circulation and so on. Mine went away about the third trimester. Just keep Kleenex by your bed and in the glove compartment of your car!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009