What do I need to pack?

This is my first pregnancy and I am in the 38th week. My doctor told me at my last visit that I need to have my bags packed just incase. I know that for the baby I will need an outfit, socks, mittens, and a hat. Is there anything else I should take for her? And what exactly do I pack for me?

Jessaroo1987

Asked by Jessaroo1987 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bring your own body wash and lotion so you can get cleaned up, the hospital stuff is gross! And dont forget extra batteries for your camera, we forgot and DH had to run to the gift shop.

deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 10:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• don't forget socks. my water broke and soaked my socks. my feet froze after that lol
    chases_mommy

Answer by chases_mommy at 10:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Bring comfort stuff for you....your own pillow (the hospital ones sucked!), an outfit for you to wear home - make it something loose and comfortable. A nightgown/pjs that is easy for you to breasfeed from (if you plan on breastfeeding) and dark in color because you will be bleeding afterwards. The hospital will provide gowns for you but it's nice to have your own too. A baby book or journal to record your thoughts and baby info in. Most hospitals will put your baby's footprints in them if you want. SNACKS!! Or loose change to get stuff from vending machines. Afterwards you will be so hungry and thirsty and it takes forever to get food from the cafeteria. And stay in the hosptial as long as possible....you will be recovering from labor and it's nice to have all the help from the nurses while you are there. Good luck! So exciting!!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2009