cell phone for a 4 year old?

one of my friends just got her 4 year old a cell phone and it's not one of those kiddie Firefly phones, it's a Razor phone. does anyone else think this is a little ridiculous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's retarded.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• that is dumb! shes gonna be calling random people and running the bill sky high! thats a dumb move to give a child a cell phone!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I have a 4 year old and I can't imagine buying her a cell phone. A 4 year old is nowhere near responsible enough for a cell phone. I don't even think my 4 year old really knows how to use one - I'm sure she could be taught, but there just is no logical reason for her to have one of her own.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My neighbor has a phone for his son who is 8. He said he had it since he was 5. He doesn't use it except when he goes to his mom's house because she doesn't let him call his dad on her phone.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• i can't even put into words what i think of that. do they not supervise their child when it's out playing or why does he need a cellphone already??? does he get to go to the movies by himself and it's so he can call when he needs a ride home???
    i get the toyphones, my kids had them too, but an actual phone??? you have to be f*ing kidding me!!!!
    trisandkksmom

Answer by trisandkksmom at 9:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• uMM!! yeah that is dumb.. my 5 year old is doesn't even know how to use a house phone yet
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• that is beyond dumb. Now I give my kids my old cell phones (battery removed) to play with but that's the only cell phone that they have. Well that and the toy ones.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Just as ridiculous as buying a 10 year old a cell phone, imo.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• my dd gets my old phones, with the battery still in, i get that phone de activated, she likes the noises on it so she plays with it, she has like 3 of them. and her toy ones, but one that actually calls people is competely stupid.

Anonymous

• I could see if the parents are divorced and its used for when they're at the other parent house. And even thats almost a bit much for a 4 yr old.
    Anonymous