how much and how many times a day should i feed my 5 month old baby food?

My 5 month old daughter currently eats about a table spoon of cereal and a half a tables spoon of fruit in the morning with a 6 oz bottle at 10 am then she eats 2 to 4 6 oz bottles between then and 8pm at which she gets a table spoon of veg. and a half table spoon of fruit with a 6 oz bottle. My question is should i start feeding her baby food at lunch as well?

Alorasmommy

Asked by Alorasmommy at 9:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our doctor said start off with just once a day then at like 6 or 7 months do 2 then at 10 months do 3
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think I was feeding my daughter two jars a day around five months old. We skipped baby cereal because she can't stand the taste.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I agree with owensmama. Once you get started on a feeding schedule it will all fall into place.

deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 10:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com. They have wonderful recipes and sample menu plans. They explain everything in age appropriate areas and make it seem so easy!

My DD is 4 months and having 1 teaspoon of baby rice for "breakfast" and then 2 teaspoons of veg for her "mid morning snack" and 1 teaspoon veg/fruit for "dinner." She is then eating 4-5 ounces of formula five times a day.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 12:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2009